Types of Client Information Collected.
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, subscribe to our newsletter / data feeds, respond to a survey, or fill out a form. Such private information is always collected via your specific authorization.
When ordering or registering on our website, or in the event you contact us directly – you may be asked (as appropriate) to provide your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, or credit card information. You may also however visit our site anonymously.
What do we use your information for?
Your privacy is very important to us, and maintaining your trust and confidence is one of our highest priorities. We respect your right to keep your personal information confidential, and fully understand your desire to avoid unwanted solicitations – we are providers of information security after all.
Private information from clients are collected in order to provide a service, process transactions, send information, or to improve our services / customer satisfaction.
As a general rule, we do not disclose personal information about our clients or former clients to anyone for any reason. However to the extent permitted by law, and any applicable state Code of Professional Conduct – certain nonpublic information about you may be disclosed in the following situations:
- To comply with a validly issued and enforceable subpoena or summons.
- In the course of a review of our firm’s practices under the authorization of a state or national licensing board, or as necessary to properly respond to an inquiry or complaint from such a licensing board of organization.
- In conjunction with a prospective purchase, sale, or merger of all or part of our practice, provided that we take appropriate precautions (for example, through a written confidentiality agreement) so the prospective purchaser or merger partner does not disclose information obtained in the course of the review.
- As a part of any actual or threatened legal proceedings or alternative dispute resolution proceedings either initiated by or against us, provided we disclose only the information necessary to file, pursue, or defend against the lawsuit and take reasonable precautions to ensure that the information disclosed does not become a matter of public record.
- To provide information to affiliates of the firm and nonaffiliated third parties who perform services or functions for us in conjunction with our services to you, but only if we have a contractual agreement with the other party which prohibits them from disclosing or using the information other than for the purposes for which it was disclosed. (Examples of such disclosures include using an outside service bureau to process tax returns or engaging a records-retention agency to store prior year records.)
We may use any of the information we collect from you may be to send you periodic emails. The email address you provide for order processing (or otherwise provided voluntarily on our website) – may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, and other information related to our field (such as blog posts) etc.
Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
Confidentiality and Security of Private Personal Information
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information.
Except as otherwise described in this notice, we restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to employees of our firm, and other parties who must use that information to provide services to you. Their right to further disclose and use the information is limited by the policies of our firm, applicable law, our Code of Professional Conduct, and nondisclosure agreements where appropriate.
We also maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in compliance with applicable laws and regulations to guard your personal information from unauthorized access, alteration, or premature destruction.
If you prefer, you can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies via your browser settings. Like most websites, if you turn your cookies off, some of our services may not function properly. However, you can still place orders over the telephone or by contacting customer service.
Disclosure of information to outside parties
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Third party links
Occasionally at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Because we value your privacy we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent.
Terms and Conditions
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website at http://www.scwoa.com/terms-and-conditions
This policy was last modified on November 1st, 2012